Thursday, April 10, 2008

Social Change

What is "social change?" I use it in my concentration but, what do I really mean by it? How are women affected by change? What kind of change? There is bad change so how do you differentiate? Does someone always lose? Change is to add to, to make different in some way. But is what we are adding or trying to add always a good thing? No. That was a rhetorical question but I felt the need to respond anyway. Not all change is good. When we change in the political world the changes are not usually the best, nor are they even close to being good for the people. If you are talking about change of political power, almost the same applies; if we were to talk about hillary and barack for instance, one could argue either way that that good change would come about as long as ONE of them is in office...I want to explore what change is and what we mean by change, since it is such a pervasive word in our world, most especially with my generation. Also, social justice; where do the two merge or divert?

No comments: