Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Inside resides a small easily excited child

There I was, just standing on a street side in front of the Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC) hugging myself because the temperature dropped when all of a sudden I see him, right in front of me...Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street. A small part of my childhood and the childhood of my younger siblings, this man was the highlight of the sesame street hour. I almost ran up to him like some awe-struck 8 year old screaming "Mr. Noodle! Mr. Noodle! Oh my gosh, you're Mr. Noodle!" but I did not. Instead, I calmly waited and was introduced to Bill Irwin and thanked him, and told him I was looking forward to working for him...a little formal perhaps for a 7 minute street-performance, yes. However, I prefer that formality to the opposite of people staring and me morphing from a professionaly dressed "D.A." to an awkward twenty-something girl running amok and making a scene by screaming "MR. NOODLE!!!"

No comments: