Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I. AM. A. RUNNER.


**the photo was borrowed from google images--if this is your image please let me know and I'll take it down and/or credit you. Thank you!**

Last night I went for my daily run/walk. I wasn't quite sure that I was making progress until last night. I have been trying to go out every evening--surprisingly I look forward to my jaunt all day. If I miss a day or two (this wkend it was three!)I still have gotten right back into it when my schedule goes back to normal. Usually, if I take a few days break from an activity like this, I'll just give up and keep pushing back until 'later' and of course that never comes. Alas, I am on week 3 and feeling great! I ran from my apartment (25th st) up 24th to Harris and 21st. It was the longest continuous run I've done--possibly ever!--and I wasn't out of breath and I felt SO good. Wow. What a great feeling. I think I could really become a runner. A real runner. Someone who could run a half marathons, full marathons or maybe a triathalon (that may be too ambitious)? My goal is to start training for a half marathon next year. Maybe I'll try to do the New York marathon (half) and run with a charity? It is every November. That would give me a good year to train. I never thought I'd enjoy running as much as I do. I LOVE it. Without music--just me, my legs and the air. Mmmmhmmm. It feels good to know that I can change my self. I always thought I would never be very active because I got so winded so quickly. My big excuse was that I couldn't run because of my lung damage I have from my bouts of pneumonia. Sure, it is there and definitely has affected me but I haven't ever had the motivation to get up and just go for it, and see if I could train myself. Now I feel like I can. It all goes back to that cleanse, and really proving to myself that I am the only one with the power over my well-being and decisions.

No comments: